Ever since we introduced the concept of Dashboard Intelligence, we’ve received great feedback and questions about how to use Netvibes professionally for real-time business intelligence. Today, we’ve launched a new website that has everything you need to know about Dashboard Intelligence. Check it out at business.netvibes.com!
What is Dashboard Intelligence?
Dashboard Intelligence (DI) is business intelligence evolved for the real-time Web. (We hesitate to simply call it “BI 2.0”, because it’s much more than that.)
Traditional business intelligence applies business logic to corporate databases to create analytic reports and automate standard business processes. This worked great in the ‘90s, when you could impress your boss by turning last month’s sales data into this month’s sales report. But today, the real-time Web is infinitely faster, vaster and more chaotic than any corporate database and business intelligence can’t keep up. (In fact, new research indicates this may be the reason why Enterprise 2.0 isn’t growing as fast as expected; see our report on GigaOm.)
This is where DI comes in. Netvibes Dashboard Intelligence makes the daily chaotic flow of Tweets, feeds, websites, apps and social sentiments manageable and meaningful. The best part is that unlike traditional business intelligence, which is optimized for large corporations, DI can help any-sized team or organization save enormous amounts of time, boost real-time knowledge sharing, and make faster, better decisions.
How does the DI process work?
Netvibes Dashboard Intelligence operates on a new three step process:
1. Listen to Everything – The first step is to regain control over your daily workflow by monitoring everything, both internally (databases, CRM, ERP, etc.) and externally (feeds, blogs, Tweets, friends, customers, clients), all in one real-time dashboard.
2. Learn from Everyone – Next, extract real meaning and knowledge by using smart tagging and filters to pull best ideas, key trends, and hidden experts to the top of the stack.
3. Act in Real-Time – Finally, send live mobile alerts to decision makers, automate reports, and trigger real-time business decisions to stay ahead of the competition.
Over the next few weeks, we will be posting articles and hosting webinars to present Dashboard Intelligence in detail with real-world examples using Netvibes. So stay tuned! In the meantime, you can learn more about each step, and request a demo, on our new Dashboard Intelligence website: business.netvibes.com
- Business Intelligence Reinvented for the Real-Time Web
- Netvibes Livebar gives easy access to your most important widgets
- LeWeb 2010: SmartTagging put into practice